Saturday, June 14, 2008

 

Father…Dear Father.....

Hello All,

I wish you and your family, friends, near and dear........

A very happy and honoring "Happy Father’s day" (15/06/08)....

Father's Day is a secular celebration inaugurated in the early twentieth century to complement Mother's Day, in celebrating fatherhood and male parenting, and to honor and commemorate fathers and forefathers. Father's Day celebration typically involves gift-giving to fathers and family-oriented activities. It falls on the third (3rd) Sunday of June, every year.

The driving force behind the establishment of the integration of Father's Day was Mrs. Sonora Smart Dodd, born in Creston, Washington. Her father, the Civil War veteran William Jackson Smart, as a single parent reared his six children in Spokane, Washington. She was inspired by Anna Jarvis's efforts to establish Mother's Day. Although she initially suggested June 5, the anniversary of her father's death, she did not provide the organizers with enough time to make arrangements, and the celebration was deferred to the third Sunday of June and thus being followed on every third Sunday of June each year. The first June Father's Day was celebrated on June 19, 1910, in Spokane, WA.

A tribute to every Father....

You are the one…

Who brought me into this world.
Who thought, I am precious than gold.
Who brought for me food and clad.
Who bought for me pen and pad.

Who taught me the good and bad.
Who made me happy at times of sad.
What can I say; thank you dear dad…
For everything from you, I have and had.

About you; there is lot more to tell.
And I will for sure, ringing a bell.
For my health and wealth, and being well;
You always think and continuously dwell.

Honored and blessed to be your loving lad.
Wish and work, only to see you always glad.
No matter you are, a Manager or a MOD…
Forever I regard you, more than the GOD…!!!

Hats off to all fathers in the world and...
Best wishes for a “Happy Father’s Day”....
Many many happy returns of the day.

All the best and take care….

With thanks, regards and best wishes,
G.Srikanth.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]