Monday, June 12, 2006

 

On the eve of Fathers' day..........

Tribute to my Father.........

Hello all,

On some of writings, my friends call me as good poet and ask me how do I write them and for tips to do so. For all those, I would like to say only one answer. Though I write on my own, the sole credit goes to him who brought me into this world and made me capable to do this. My friends........

Thanks for your reference. However, there are no special powers or tips bestowed with me to be shared with the cared in this regard.

Sincerely, the credit goes to my father who begot me into this world and:


Gave me a name as his lad,

Taught me the good and bad,

Bought for me pen and pad,

Brought for me bread and bed,

Nurtured me with culture and nature,

Told me about script and feature,

Shed sweat for my life and future,

Gone through all the professional torture,

Prone to risks to make me mature,

Wish for me to have a great stature,

Want me to face life being bold,

Choose for me always the gold,

Made me to have a strong hold,

Had me to listen what is told,

I had injury, he had pain,

Lost something for my gain,

Made me know the cost of grain,

Played with me in the heat and rain,

Always want me to be fit and fine,

Wish for me to have an unfading shine,

Prayed for me in every temple and shrine,

I have success; he will be on cloud nine,




About my Father; there is lot more to tell,

For my heaven's sake he will choose hell,

For my health and wealth, and being well,

He always thinks and continuously dwell,



I am blessed to be his son,

I work for his happiness and fun,

I see that he faces no more strain,

Be healthy to percent ninety nine............!



I dedicate this to my Dad, who is for me more than the God.

And pay a tribute and wish him a very happy and joyful Fathers' day....



Fathers' day is celebrated on every third (3rd) Sunday in June and this year (2006) it is going to be on 18th (18/06/2006).


With thanks, regards and best wishes,
G.Srikanth.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]